Posted on | February 1, 2012 | 18 Comments
A lot of this sort of talk in the air of late:
“Then came 2011,” Rebecca says, and her mood clouds. “It felt like every time I turned around, John Boehner and Mitch McConnell were selling us out, hanging our Tea Party freshmen out to dry, and doing it for no apparent reason.”
She’s unsure why this is. “Are they idiots, or just the worst chess/poker players ever? Every time they have an opportunity to limit government, reduce taxes, etc. they blow it.”
Dad and I were speculating on the reasons:
- Boehner and McConnell share half a testicle between them–unlikely.
- The 2010 election was merely a restraining order; they just haven’t got enough horsepower to go beyond delaying actions–maybe.
- They’re a brace of Ruling Class Overlords trying to surf the Tea Party energy without, you know, listening–likely.
- The situation with the debt is so far down the Greece-ie slope that they can’t get their minds around altertatives–plausible.
- Whatever those two jokers are doing, they are doing an utterly suck-tacular job of communicating the strategy to the American people–ding ding ding!!!
via Daily Pundit