Posted on | January 16, 2014 | 146 Comments
Via the Examiner comes the news of 32 possibilities in a GOP.com straw poll.
(a) The next election is in 9 1/2 months, dudes. It’s both more important to focus on the next election, and to understand that how this November goes will inform what happens in 2016 in a major way.
(b) 32 names? Let’s bin them.
– Sen. Ted Cruz, of Texas
- Nikki Haley, South Carolina governor
- Bobby Jindal, Louisiana governor
– Sarah Palin, former Alaska governor
– Mike Pence, Indiana governor
- Sen. Rand Paul, of Kentucky
- Scott Walker, Wisconsin governor
– Former Rep. Allen West, of Florida
- Rick Santorum, former Pennsylvania senator
- John Bolton, former ambassador to the United Nations
- Ben Carson, author and neurosurgeon
– Rick Perry, Texas governor
- Condoleezza Rice, former secretary of state
– Sen. Marco Rubio, of Florida
- Sen. Rob Portman, of Ohio
– Sen. Tim Scott, of South Carolina
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte, of New Hampshire
- Haley Barbour, former Mississippi governor
– Chris Christie, New Jersey governor
– Mitch Daniels, former Indiana governor
- Mike Huckabee, former Arkansas governor
- Susana Martinez, New Mexico governor
– John Kasich, Ohio governor
- Former Rep. Ron Paul, of Texas
– Tim Pawlenty, former Minnesota governor
– Brian Sandoval, Nevada governor
- Sen. John Thune, of South Dakota
I will vote Libertarian:
- Jeb Bush, former Florida governor
- Rep. Peter King, of New York
– Herman Cain, a radio host–Health concerns
- Newt Gingrich, former House speaker–Be an advisor, sir.
– Rep. Paul Ryan, of Wisconsin–You soiled yourself on the budget deal.