Posted on | February 12, 2013 | 10 Comments
Following a new probe started by local officials, the Maryland Attorney General has opened an investigation into the late-term abortion practitioner who killed a woman last week in a botched abortion.
The Maryland Attorney General’s office is not specifically looking into the death of 29-year-old woman from a botched 33-week abortion last week. The woman has been identified as 29-year-old Jennifer McKenna Morbelli, of New Rochelle, New York.
Instead, the office notified the Maryland Coalition for Life and Operation Rescue that is has late-term abortion practitioner LeRoy Carhart and Germantown Reproductive Health Services under an active criminal investigation for illegal dumping, based on complaints made by both groups last year. This investigation is separate to ongoing investigations into Morbelli’s death, OR informed LifeNews today, that are currently underway by the State Medical Examiner, the Montgomery Police Department, and the state’s Office of Health Care Quality.
So . . . illegally dumping, the Attorney General might prosecute as a crime. Botching an abortion and killing a woman, not so much.
Whatever. Pro-lifers learn to be grateful for any minor official attention to the shoddy practices of abortionists. More headlines at Life News:
- Tony Perkins: War on Women? What about the Woman Who Died From an Abortion?
- Steven Ertelt: Jennifer Morbelli Not the First Woman Carhart Killed in Abortion
Meanwhile, the media embargo crumbles further with this report from Sylvia Carignan in the Montgomery County, Maryland, Gazette:
The state medical examiner is investigating the death of a New York woman who sought a late-term abortion from a controversial Germantown clinic.
Jennifer McKenna Morbelli, 29, was pronounced dead at Shady Grove Adventist Hospital on Feb. 7, according to Bruce Goldfarb, spokesperson for the chief medical examiner.
The Maryland Coalition for Life pinned her death on Dr. LeRoy Carhart, a Nebraska-based physician who began performing abortions at the Germantown Reproductive Health Services clinic in 2010. . . .
“For years we have documented Carhart’s abortion abuses. This time we pray authorities will quickly act before he has the opportunity to kill again,” said Sullenger. . . .
Sullenger continued, “The tragic death of Mrs. Morbelli from a botched 33-week abortion may be the catalyst that will finally bring Carhart to justice. It’s too bad that a woman had to die before authorities would sit up and take notice.”
Bob Belvedere has a round-up on the Jennifer Morbelli story: “Butchery In Germantown.” I’m worried butchers may sue Bob for libel.
- Feb. 8: Doctor Death: 29-Year-Old Patient Dies After Late-Term Abortion in Maryland UPDATE: Complete Media Blackout by Feminists, Major News Organizations
- Feb. 10: Finally: Washington Post Covers Death of Woman at Maryland Abortion Clinic
- Feb. 11: Carhart Victim Identified: N.Y. Woman Sought Abortion for ‘Fetal Abnormalities’
- Feb. 11: How Many More Women Will Die Before Abortionist LeRoy Carhart Is Stopped?
- Feb. 11: Despite Death in Carhart Clinic, Fanatics Want to Open Abortion Clinic in Wichita
- Feb. 12: Media Embargo Slowly Crumbling on Jennifer McKenna Morbelli’s Death