Posted on | December 31, 2011 | 16 Comments
Michele Bachmann has taken a lot of flak for saying that she was approached in Florida by a mother who claimed her daughter suffered brain damage as the result of a Gardasil vaccination. You may sneer at that claim, but when I showed up at Bachmann’s Iowa campaign headquarters today for an scheduled media event, I saw plenty of people displaying evidence of diminished mental capacity — and I’m not just talking about the MSM reporters.
Two busloads of smelly hippie scum from the “Occupy Iowa” movement were on the scene, engaged in their usual feeble-minded parody of “civil disobedience” protests. Just before I arrived, at least one Occupier had been arrested, and the rest of the scummy mob were exiting the parking lot under orders from the local police. Chanting, beating drums, giving media interviews and — as you will hear at about the 35-second mark of this video — unwittingly disclosing their next protest target:
STUPID OCCUPIER DUDE: “Hey, are we going to Perry next? … OK. I think I –”
HOMELY OCCUPIER CHICK: “Hey, we don’t want to say that very loud.”
I immediately alerted my friend Barbara Espinosa, who is working as a volunteer for Perry in Iowa, that they could expect this influx of subnormal semi-human detritus to show up at their campaign headquarters later. Whatever evil things I might have said about the Perry campaign, nobody deserves to be ambushed by these “Occupy” vermin. I suggested to one of the police officers that they should start randomly tasing and pepper-spraying the filthy hippies, just on general principles, but my advice was evidently ignored.
At the door to the headquarters, I saw Bachmann’s press spokeswoman Alice Stewart, flashed my business card and got inside, where I encountered a different kind of mob: Reporters surrounding the candidate as she joined her volunteers in making phone calls to Iowa voters.
Perhaps you can spot Congresswoman Bachmann amidst that massive media mob. The way you can tell the difference between the media and the Occupiers is that the media are usually somewhat less liberal and more likely to have had a bath in the past week.
OK, enough sarcasm for one post. It’s New Year’s Eve and I’m planning to celebrate it here in Iowa to the best of my ability. And surely the loyal readers who have helped make this trip possible by their contributions to the Shoe Leather Fund will want me to have a good time on one of the rare nights during this campaign trail trip when, fortunately, I don’t have a deadline to worry about.
- Dec. 31: Michele Bachmann Flyer Omits Comparison to Records of Santorum, Paul
- Dec. 31: Perry Campaign’s Amateur Hour
- Dec. 30: ‘Quite a Difference!’
- Dec. 30: Guess Who’s Gonna Be Watching Hawkeye Football Tonight With Rick Santorum?
- Dec. 30: New Polls Confirm Santorum Surge in Iowa; Newt Gingrich, Rick Perry Fading
- Dec. 30: Rick Santorum to Ann Coulter: ‘I Mean, Ann, Should I Have Voted for Amnesty?’
- Dec. 29: IOWA NOTEBOOK: Occupy Caucuses?
- Dec. 29: ‘Everyone Sells Out in Iowa’
- Dec. 29: Rick Santorum Gets ‘The Kind of Optics a Cash-Strapped Candidate Can’t Buy’
- Dec. 28: SANTORUM SURGE: Finally, the Polls in Iowa Are Catching Up With … Me
- Dec. 28: Greetings From the Quad City
- Dec. 28: When the Story Writes Itself
- Dec. 27: The Santorum Surge: Mainstream Media Finally Beginning to See Omens in Iowa
- Dec. 27: Republicans With Shotguns
- Dec. 26: Santorum Gets 4 ‘Clean Kills’ in Pheasant Hunt With Steve King; No Endorsement
- Dec. 26: Greetings From Iowa
- Dec. 26: Fear and Loathing at BWI
- Dec. 25: Memo From the National Affairs Desk: How’s the Weather Today in Vanuatu?