Posted on | January 16, 2013 | 24 Comments
The National Rifle Association’s new ad:
A day before President Barack Obama is scheduled to release Vice President Joe Biden’s recommendations to curb gun violence in the United States, the National Rifle Association told U.S. News and World Report that they have seen membership grow by 250,000 in the month since the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.
Politico reported membership had grown by more than 100,000 five days ago. The NRA says that when Politico reported the story, membership was close to 200,000, but the number has drastically grown in just five days. The association now has over 4.25 million members.
NRA “fringe”? More than 4 milllion members, added 250K members in past month. @joenbc audience? 565,000. Math is hard!
— Robert Stacy McCain (@rsmccain) January 16, 2013
I Watch MSNBC So You Don’t Have To™
- Jan. 15: Why Doesn’t President Obama Support ‘Citizens Against Senseless Violence’?
- Jan. 10: When Your Gun Is Not Your Gun
- Jan. 9: A Soldier and Two Marines: Sworn to ‘Support and Defend the Constitution’
- Jan. 3: Gun Control and the Politics of Ignorance
- Jan. 2: Ted Cruz Vows to Lead Opposition to Dianne Feinstein’s Gun-Grab Bill
- Dec. 30: Obama Promises 2013 Gun-Grab Bill; Warns ‘There Will Be Resistance’