Posted on | May 29, 2013 | 39 Comments
Twenty-seven years is a long time, and maybe I’ve forgotten a few good ones, but it would be hard to say I’ve ever done much better than this:
And that’s really what it’s about, y’know? Who gives a crap about a commonplace criminal procedure in Indian River County, Florida?
But the media said everybody should care about it: The Today show actually portrayed an accused sex offender as a sympathetic victim!
What was the name of the producer who approved that, huh? I would like that person to explain the half-assed background research that led them to believe that Kaitlyn Ashley Hunt (Booking #2013-00000708) was a plausible civil-rights martyr.
Did the producer not bother to read the arrest affidavit? What part of “fingered a 14-year-old in a toilet stall” is so hard to understand?
Maybe you don’t think that should be a felony, but it sure as hell is not a “civil right,” and Kate Hunt is not — repeat, not — a victim.
What is it with people who, the minute they hear words like “rights” and “equality” and “progress,” just stop thinking altogether?
Have you people lost your cotton-picking minds? Even if you think that, does it not occur to you that maybe you shouldn’t write it?
If there were an annual competition for Most Stupid Thing Said on Social Medai, the “Free Kate” crowd would sweep the prizes this year.
Anyway, I could rant all night — stupid people make me angry — but here’s the walk-away from my American Spectator piece:
As more facts about the case have emerged — they’ve been compiled at a site called SupportHonest.net — Kaitlyn’s family have raged online about the “hate” that they attribute to opponents and critics. Kaitlyn’s father Steven R. Hunt Jr. (who was himself arrested on a fraud charge last year) posted a Facebook message invoking the “Word of God” and lamenting that his “poor daughter is suffering tremendously.” Meanwhile, Kaitlyn’s younger sister has been invoking other words on Twitter.
Now that the false narrative of the “Free Kate” movement has unraveled, of course, the national media that celebrated the accused teenage sex offender last week have rather mysteriously lost interest in a story that no longer fits their liberal agenda. It takes a pretty powerful bias, after all, for the networks to resist a story as appealing as Teen Lesbian Bikini Fight Video.
Read the rest. Maybe I’ll come back and update with more ranting.
- May 29: VIDEO: Saint Kate of the Blessed Finger: ‘Beat Her F–king Ass! Get That Bitch!’
- May 28: Liberal Logic™ — #FreeKate Edition
- May 27: #FreeKate Lies Unravel; Roman Polanski Could Not Be Reached for Comment
- May 27: The Story Too Good to Be True
- May 26: In Search of Liberal ‘Principle,’ and Also: Does #FreeKate Have a Larger Agenda?
- May 25: Aggravating Circumstances: Against the #FreeKate Campaign for Sexual Anarchy
- May 25: #FreeKate Lies Rejected by Daily Kos Staffer, and Other New Developments
- May 24: Because She’s Cute, That’s Why
- May 24: BREAKING: Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea Offer, Will Face Trial on June 20
- May 23: Damn You, #FreeKate Liars! UPDATE: Parents of 14-Year-Old Girl Speak Out
- May 22: Liberals Now Arguing for a Lesbian’s Right to Have Sex With a 14-Year-Old Girl