The Other McCain

"One should either write ruthlessly what one believes to be the truth, or else shut up." — Arthur Koestler

#OccupyDC Provides Shenanigans At U.S. Chamber Of Commerce Christmas Party, Patrick Murray Non-Plussed

Posted on | December 10, 2011 | 6 Comments

by Smitty

Keith Olbermann lives! The story picks up at 5:13 into the clip. #Occupy protesters (the ‘99%’) laid on the ground and covered themselves in a red carpet for the people leaving the Christmas party (the ‘1%’) to walk all over:
In attendance was retired Army Colonel Patrick Murray, who sent the following email:

Last night I had the honor of attending the annual U.S. Chamber of Commerce Christmas party. Walking up, we were accosted by an angry, snarling mob of protesters, courtesy of labor unions like the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) and some of the “Occupy” rabble. All of them were screaming the now stale “Pay your fair share,” and “You walk on our rights, now walk on us” (daring us to step on protesters lying underneath a red carpet painted with “99 %”). As we waded through the rabble, I stopped to soak it all in, whereupon the protesters speculated about my heritage as well as offering some recommendations that I’m pretty sure are anatomically impossible.

I spent 24 years serving my country in the Army and defending the Constitution (or as Jim Moran calls it: “meaningless”). That includes our 1st Amendment rights of freedom of speech and to peaceably assemble. But what I witnessed last night was chilling, because these aren’t the first such protests I’ve witnessed, albeit in faraway lands.

While serving in places like Belgrade, Moscow and Minsk, places that had strong Socialist movements and totalitarian regimes, I encountered the exact same thing, often in front of the American Embassy where I worked. The slogans and the signs were in different languages, but the methodology was the same (in the aforementioned locations, the AstroTurf mobs arrived in busses; SEIU just happens to have mountains of cash from taxpayers and forced union dues that they can fly their mobs in). But the Socialist, anti-American undercurrents were eerily similar, such that standing there last night I suddenly got an odd sense of deja vu. It was like I was back in a totalitarian state, except that I wasn’t. Instead, I was standing on H Street NW, right in the heart of our Nation’s Capital.

The more I think about it, the more disturbing it becomes. First, consider the inanity of supposedly jobless people out protesting against the Chamber of Commerce, a stellar organization that exists to create jobs and support small business. It’s also troubling that the protests here mirror those I’ve seen in remote places where there is no culture of individual freedoms or the concept of private ownership, much less representative government. But most troubling is that the goals of the anti-American mobs are shared by the leaders of the current Democrat Party. Massive income redistribution and ever-higher taxes to feed an enormous federal nanny state from which all blessings flow is the utopia of Jim Moran, Tim Kaine, Nancy Pelosi our current president. All wrapped up in the innocuous, poll-tested jingle of “pay your fair share.”

Patrick Murray for Congress

In defense of the #Occupy protesters, at least they were clever enough to frame their sad little stunt as an AC/DC reference:


6 Responses to “#OccupyDC Provides Shenanigans At U.S. Chamber Of Commerce Christmas Party, Patrick Murray Non-Plussed”

  1. Joe
    December 10th, 2011 @ 12:13 pm

    Eeeewww, Olbermann wants to occupy Newt? 

  2. Dianna Deeley
    December 10th, 2011 @ 1:40 pm

    Someone should have offered the spikiest heels possible, and two strong arms to help a lady walk on the Occupests.

  3. Ccoffer
    December 10th, 2011 @ 2:32 pm

    They each deserved a complimentary stomp in the teeth.

  4. DaveO
    December 10th, 2011 @ 3:29 pm

    Murray must keep that theme of the Occupiers being the same as every other anti-American rent-a-mob. And add pictures of the signs, and lots of audio (perhaps with subtitles).

  5. Bob Belvedere
    December 12th, 2011 @ 9:47 am

    Santorum/Murray 2012!

    I would have taken the pinko bastards up on their offer and walked that red carpet, making sure the cameras were rolling.

  6. The Camp Of The Saints
    December 12th, 2011 @ 7:55 pm

    Bob’s Musings: Come Fly With Me…

    Bob's Muse -As regular readers of this site are well aware, your humble Dispatcher usually stops blogging at around dinner time on Saturday nights and doesn’t return to the Rightosphere until some time in the late afternoon of the Lord……