Posted on | January 28, 2011 | 8 Comments
Among other things, Michael Scherer co-wrote the thoroughly dishonest Time magazine cover story claiming that Barack Obama admires Ronald Reagan.
In fact, Barack Obama despises Ronald Reagan and everything Reagan stood for, and so does Michael Scherer. You know who really admires Ronald Reagan? Sarah Palin. And so let’s look at what Michael Scherer thinks of Sarah Palin:
- Jan. 21: Scherer highlights CBS poll showing high unfavorability numbers with the headline, “Sarah Palin Descending.”
- Nov. 4: Palin releases a video celebrating the GOP’s mid-term election victories as “Morning in America.” Scherer complains about the video’s use of stock footage of the Statue of Liberty.
- Oct. 15: “Sarah Palin’s Alaska” debuts on TLC. Scherer’s headline: “Sarah Palin Continues To Run Away From 2012.”
- Aug. 16: Scherer seized on a crosstab in a poll to suggest that “one of the effects of marijuana . . . is an attracti0n to Sarah Palin.”
- Aug. 9: Scherer headline: “Sarah Palin Stops By The ‘Worst Governor Ever’ Sign.”
- April 28: Scherer headline: “Sarah Palin’s Windfall: Outrage or Just Deserts?“
You get the drift: Michael Scherer wouldn’t vote for a Republican if you put a gun to his head — which is why he’s working for Time magazine, writing dishonest cover stories to help Democrats hijack Reagan’s centennial as an occasion to promote Obama.
UPDATE: “Sputnik Moment” for Sarah Palin: “I’m seeing up close how ‘Palin Derangement Syndrome’ can compel otherwise intelligent people to foam at the mouth and babble nonsense to prove they’re right and she’s wrong.” (Via Instapundit.)