Posted on | December 23, 2012 | 69 Comments
Dishonest academic defenders of University of Rhode Island assistant history professor Erik Loomis have repeated the professor’s false assertion that he was criticized merely for using “metaphor” in his unhinged Dec. 14 attacks on the NRA’s Wayne LaPierre.
One critic has decscribed the petition on behalf of Loomis, although ostensibly a defense of free speech rights, as a ”campaign to dominate debate and suppress criticism.”
In fact, Loomis’s “head on a stick” Tweet was just one of many offensive messages he sent on Dec. 14. More importantly, perhaps, the professor’s demented obscenity-strewn tirade attacted scrutiny, revealing that Loomis seemed prone to angry online eruptions, and had a habit of employing vulgarities in his Twitter messages, particularly in targeting Republicans.
Professor Loomis seems to have recognized that he had problems more serious than “right-wing morons” too stupid to understand metaphor, because he deleted his Twitter account to hide the evidence of his derangement. Fortunately, before the evidence got flushed down the digital memory hole, one of those “right-wing morons” was clever enough to compile six months’ worth of Erik Loomis’s Tweets into a 439-page PDF file. A few samples from the archive:
Perhaps you see the f–king pattern, motherf–king racist sexist f–kheads.
UPDATE II (Smitty): Welcome, Instapundit readers!
- Dec. 20: ‘Candyass Blogger’ Update: Free Speech Absolutists Who Banned Mr. Althouse UPDATE: ‘These Are Historical Dildos’
- Dec. 19: #Metaphor: Academics Sign Their Own Death Warrants by Defending Loomis
- Dec. 19: University President Repudiates Professor’s Violent Anti-NRA Messages UPDATE: Associated Press Article Whitewashes Loomis Scandal
- Dec. 18: He’s a Lumberjack, and He’s OK: The Wobbly Scholarship of Erik Loomis, Ph.D.
- Dec. 18: Herbert Marcuse, Wile E. Coyote and the Auto-Beclownment of Erik Loomis, Ph.D.
- Dec. 18: Is It ‘Metaphor’ to Suggest Erik Loomis Should Be Sodomized by Orangutangs? UPDATE: Is Professor ‘Head on a Stick’ Now Under State Police Protection?