Posted on | December 24, 2012 | 24 Comments
“We lost. We are losers. . . . Our operatives are incompetent and we live in a dream world.”
– Rob Long of National Review, in an interview with Joe Hagan of New York magazine during a Caribbean cruise in November
Readers expect “Christmas Cheesecake” from us this time year and what kind of conservative would I be if I did not maintain this tradition?
Last year’s round-up was entitled, “Behold, I Bring You Peace, Goodwill, and Also This Gratuitous Vintage Pinup Girl.” Nothing quite so cheers up despondent bloggers the way a pretty girl does, unless maybe it’s a blizzard of round-up linkage:
- Donald Douglas comments on the petition drive to deport CNN’s Piers Morgan, an obnoxious Brit who thinks Americans who believe in the Second Amendment are stupid. I can’t say for sure that I was the first person to use #DeportPiersMorgan as a Twitter hashtag, but I did everything I could to promote it. Twitchy reports that the Brits have got their own petition to keep us from shipping him back.
- Danielle Saul discusses the problems caused by tolerating anti-social behavior: “When I was in 5th grade I was bullied by a classmate to the point that my parents almost pulled me out of school. When my mom tried to talk to his mother about it, she replied, ‘He just has a lot of anger issues. He gets it from his dad’ and then did nothing to address the situation. A few years later, this classmate raped and murdered a two-year old girl, a tragedy which easily could have been prevented if his mother had chosen chose to take action sooner.”
- John Hoge has the breaking news that politicians lie.
- Pete Da Tech Guy says the world can wait until after Christmas.
- Lawrence Person’s Battleswarm Blog has a round-up of post-Newtown reactions on gun rights.
- Wizbang reports that a former Olympic runner worked as a $600-an-hour call girl in Vegas. For $600 an hour, I’d expect her to make me sandwiches while she was at it.
- Jimmie Bise Jr. has some great Christmas music from Nat King Cole.
- Hey did I mention there’s a petition to deport Piers Morgan?
- We can’t deport David Gregory, but we can (and should) prosecute him to the maximum extent of the law. Unfortunately, D.C. doesn’t have the death penalty.
- You probably can’t afford to send your kids to school with David Gregory’s children at an ultra-exclusive school with an 11-man security staff. (To say nothing of the fact that the president’s kids go to school there, so the place is crawling with armed Secret Service, too.)
- Becca Lower has a few thoughts on “John Kerry: International Man of Mystery.”
- Doug Hagin reports that the war on gun-owners has begun — and the media are the aggressors.
- Enoch Root asks some questions about the family background of the Newtown killer.
- Jackie Wellfonder supports Dana Loesch.
- Merry Christmas: New federal regulations from Obama.
- Bob Belvedere has the Blogger Christmas Traffic Blues.
- Finally, Instapundit tells us that there is now scientific proof that women with larger breasts are more intelligent.
You know what this means? She’s a genius!
Merry Christmas, everybody!