Posted on | February 2, 2014 | 46 Comments
I’ve seen a lot of people
Who thought they were cool,
But then again, Lord,
I’ve seen a lot of fools . . .
Don’t mess with the needle or a spoon
Or any trip to the moon.
It’ll take you away.
When I was a long-haired freak back in the 1970s, everybody knew heroin was a bad drug. There are no “recreational” heroin users, and a junkie will sell his soul to get another taste of slow-motion suicide. Somebody forgot to warn Philip Seymour Hoffman:
Award-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead of an apparent drug overdose late Sunday morning in his New York City apartment, a law-enforcement official said.
The New York Police Department is investigating, and the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner is working to determine the exact cause of death. The official said Mr. Hoffman, 46 years old, was found dead at his apartment on Bethune Street in the West Village neighborhood of Manhattan.
The actor was found in the bathroom of his fourth floor apartment in the Pickwick House around 11:15 a.m. by screenwriter David Katz, who called 911, the official said.