Posted on | May 31, 2013 | 49 Comments
Feb. 16 mug shot of accused sex offender Kaitlyn Ashley Hunt
The local chapter of Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) refuses to support accused sex offender Kaitlyn Ashley Hunt:
PFLAG of Vero Beach has received questions and comments regarding the controvery involving the two young ladies in Sebastian.
We have been watching the developments in this case since it was brought to our attention. PFLAG of Vero Beach cannot enter into the controversy for the following reason. We have not been able to find where the charges brought against this unfortunate young lady are inspired by homophobia, or are in any way anti-LGBTQ. . . .
The cry of discrimination, unless more facts come out, does not seem to apply here. Some very simple research yields cases where heterosexual kids have been arrested and prosecuted under the same law.
When this news was reported online Friday by South Florida Gay News, the article was quickly deleted, but the Google cache still exists. Probably this is evidence of the kind of pressures for movement solidarity that were reported earlier this week by a local TV station:
Two local gay men who “held high ranking positions in a Treasure Coast LGBT advocacy group” quit over the issue, according to a report Tuesday by WPEC-TV’s Peter Schaller, who quoted one of the men: “Some folks in the community, in that organization, were supporting Kate and would not hear the voice of reason… . I resigned as a result of two members in particular who referred to this matter as nothing more than a teenage love story, it is not a teenage love story.”
Meanwhile, Kaitlyn Hunt’s attorney has sought and been granted a delay in the case, saying she needs more time to prepare.
UPDATE: Kinda related:
A government website designed for girls ages 10 to 16 offers health advice and information on a wide range of topics, including homosexuality, anal sex and “mutual masturbation.”
The Health and Human Services’ girlshealth.gov includes tips on fitness and nutrition and an “environmental health” section where girls can read about leading a “green” lifestyle. . . .
“Our tagline is ‘Be Happy. Be Healthy. Be You. Beautiful. It focuses on the idea that being yourself — finding what makes you smile and how to live well — is what makes you ‘you.’ And that is beautiful!”
Anal sex for 10-year-olds. Your tax dollars at work.
- May 31: The #FreeKate Meltdown Continues
- May 30: Hiroshima for #FreeKate? Younger Sister Praises Her Mother as ‘F–king Badass’
- May 30: Can You Count All the Rationalizations and Lies Offered by Kaitlyn Hunt’s Mom?
- May 29: Quite Possibly the Most Eloquent Sentence of My Entire Journalism Career
- May 29: VIDEO: Saint Kate of the Blessed Finger: ‘Beat Her F–king Ass! Get That Bitch!’
- May 28: Liberal Logic™ — #FreeKate Edition
- May 27: #FreeKate Lies Unravel; Roman Polanski Could Not Be Reached for Comment
- May 27: The Story Too Good to Be True
- May 26: In Search of Liberal ‘Principle,’ and Also: Does #FreeKate Have a Larger Agenda?
- May 25: Aggravating Circumstances: Against the #FreeKate Campaign for Sexual Anarchy
- May 25: #FreeKate Lies Rejected by Daily Kos Staffer, and Other New Developments
- May 24: Because She’s Cute, That’s Why
- May 24: BREAKING: Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea Offer, Will Face Trial on June 20
- May 23: Damn You, #FreeKate Liars! UPDATE: Parents of 14-Year-Old Girl Speak Out
- May 22: Liberals Now Arguing for a Lesbian’s Right to Have Sex With a 14-Year-Old Girl