Posted on | June 2, 2013 | 91 Comments
Five days ago, I called attention to the video in which alleged victim of homophobia Kaitlyn Hunt screams at her younger sister: “Beat her f**king ass, Emily! Beat her ass! Get that bitch!”
Someone who was present for this incident captured the image above, which shows Kaitlyn — with the telltale bird tattoo on her right shoulder — turning this fight into a 2-on-1 beatdown of the other girl.
Are we really surprised that some local gay-rights groups aren’t supporting the “Free Kate” campaign on Hunt’s behalf?
Who wants to join the herd of credulous people who were deceived by Kaitlyn’s mother’s May 17 Facebook post, which described her as “wonderful . . . exemplary . . . respected and well liked . . . never been in trouble, ever, she truly is the model student and child”? Who really believes that Kaitlyn Ashley Hunt (Booking #2013-00000708) is, as her lawyer has claimed, a “model citizen“?
Is this how “model citizens” behave? Have law enforcement authorities in Indian River County seen this video?
Shouldn’t they be investigating this incident as an assault?
After the initial fact-deficient hysteria, which portrayed Kaitlyn Hunt as a martyr for the cause of equality, Matt Ross says it “seems that calmer voices are starting to prevail.”
Let’s hope so. Another blogger coins the word “Trayvoned” to describe this myth-making process: The media provide a carefully constructed narrative of victimhood and, by the time countervailing facts emerge, the crusading mob is already emotionally invested.
S.J. Reidhead compiles some of the more vicious examples of irrational hate generated by the “Free Kate” mob, including a Canadian transsexual named Amber Dawn Redman who wants to see conservative Christians “tied . . . to a stake, tortured and burned.”
Again, are we really surprised by this? What do we expect of people who celebrate a violent tattooed she-hooligan like Kaitlyn Hunt?
You stay classy, Hunt family . . .
- June 1: 2004: Kaitlyn Hunt’s Father ‘Pressured a Victim Not to File a Battery Charge’
- June 1: Don’t #FreeKate: The Hunt Family’s Hate
- May 31: Local PFLAG: ‘The Cry of Discrimination … Does Not Seem to Apply’ in Hunt Case
- May 31: The #FreeKate Meltdown Continues
- May 30: Hiroshima for #FreeKate? Younger Sister Praises Her Mother as ‘F–king Badass’
- May 30: Can You Count All the Rationalizations and Lies Offered by Kaitlyn Hunt’s Mom?
- May 29: Quite Possibly the Most Eloquent Sentence of My Entire Journalism Career
- May 29: VIDEO: Saint Kate of the Blessed Finger: ‘Beat Her F–king Ass! Get That Bitch!’
- May 28: Liberal Logic™ — #FreeKate Edition
- May 27: #FreeKate Lies Unravel; Roman Polanski Could Not Be Reached for Comment
- May 27: The Story Too Good to Be True
- May 26: In Search of Liberal ‘Principle,’ and Also: Does #FreeKate Have a Larger Agenda?
- May 25: Aggravating Circumstances: Against the #FreeKate Campaign for Sexual Anarchy
- May 25: #FreeKate Lies Rejected by Daily Kos Staffer, and Other New Developments
- May 24: Because She’s Cute, That’s Why
- May 24: BREAKING: Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea Offer, Will Face Trial on June 20
- May 23: Damn You, #FreeKate Liars! UPDATE: Parents of 14-Year-Old Girl Speak Out
- May 22: Liberals Now Arguing for a Lesbian’s Right to Have Sex With a 14-Year-Old Girl