Posted on | April 5, 2014 | 40 Comments
Meredith Powell: Teacher accused of sex with teen boys.
Amid all the feminist “rape culture” lectures about sex on college campuses, I keep noticing stories about women who can’t seem to be happy unless they’ve got a high school boy’s penis in their mouth:
A former Tacoma high school math teacher charged with child rape faces new charges after another student came forward to police. Meredith Powell, 24, is scheduled to appear in court Tuesday for arraignment on a charge of sexual misconduct with a minor. Powell pleaded not guilty to two counts of third-degree child rape and one count of communication with a minor for immoral purposes Feb. 7 after her arrest by Tacoma police. The allegations involve three male students at Lincoln High School. Powell was released without bail pending trial. According to amended information filed in Pierce County superior court on Thursday, a student identified as A.D. met with Tacoma police detectives on March 25 and told them he had a sexual encounter with Powell in her classroom at Lincoln High in early January 2013 when he was 17 years old.
After she pleaded not guilty to charges made by three previous accusers, the news coverage led another accuser to come forward. And you know it’s a great story when the link to the prosecution affidavit carries a warning for GRAPHIC SEXUAL CONTENT:
A.D.’s mother reported to police that A.D. disclosed he was touched by the defendant. On March 25, 2014, a detective met with A.D. who reported the following: The defendant was his math teacher during his junior year (2012-2013). In 2013, A.D. sought help from the defendant in raising his math grade. She gave him extra math problems in her classroom after school. On one occasion, the defendant sat at her desk while A.D. sat on the corner of the desk. He told her he needed help getting his grade up and she asked what he would want to do. A.D. said he would do anything. The defendant asked, “You’ll do anything?” and reached over and unzipped his pants. She touched his penis (he made a motion with his hand moving back and forth). A.D. described ejaculating. The defendant told him, “This stays between us.”
Nothing more exciting than a court affidavit description of sex, eh? Let’s enjoy some more of Pierce County deputy prosecuting attorney Heather DeMaine’s erotic prose stylings:
On February 6, 2014, detective interviewed the victims. M.R. disclosed the following: The day of the MLK assembly, M.R. went to the defendant’s classroom. They kissed, he touched her breasts, and she touched his chest under his shirt. M.R. then digitally penetrated her vagina. On the day of the assembly, M.R. sent her a text asking if she wanted to stay behind and she agreed to. During his interview, L.H. disclosed the following: The defendant is his teacher. They sent texts to each other and she sent him pictures of her naked in a bathtub. L.H. and the defendant kissed a few days after the MLK Day assembly when he went to her classroom and the door was locked. The defendant kissed L.H. and he touched her buttocks and breasts. The defendant touched L.H.’s chest under his shirt and performed oral sex on him. L.H. digitally penetrated the defendant.
Allegedly, I hasten to add, because Meredith Powell has pleaded not guilty, and the defendant is presumed innocent until . . . Oh, wait. What’s this in the affidavit?
Detectives re-contacted the defendant and advised of her Miranda rights which she waived. . . .
Let me interrupt here. We’ll get back to the sexy stuff in a minute, but it’s important to note that Meredith Powell was advised she had the right to remain silent and to have her attorney present during questioning, yet she chose to waive those rights. Why? If you’ve seen enough shows like C*O*P*S and The First 48, you know some suspects get the idea that all they have to do is explain away the evidence — come up for an excuse for that bag of weed in the car, or their fingerprints at a murder scene — and they’ll walk. This only serves to demonstrate how stupid most criminals are. If you’re guilty, no explanation is going to help you. Just shut up and lawyer up. And now, back to the Meredith Powell interrogation:
She admitted the following: She preformed oral sex on L.H. and her classroom door was possibly locked. He put his mouth on her breast and digitally penetrated her vagina. She told him to stop. She sent him a snapchat pictures. She thought they were of her in the bathtub and one of her in bed in the dark. The defendant admitted M.R. put his mouth on her breast and digitally penetrated her vagina. They began texting after New Year’s Eve and it became inappropriate. She touched M.R.’s penis over his clothes and he put his finger into her vagina. She knew her actions were wrong as both L.H. and M.R. When asked what she would say to the students’ parents, she said she would apologize.
Hey, “she said she would apologize,” so that makes it all right, I guess. There’s zero chance Meredith Powell will beat this rap, especially now that yet another accuser has come forward. My advice to Powell is, whatever plea deal the prosecutors offer, take it.
Of course, Meredith Powell isn’t the only (allegedly) perverted teacher who craved the taste of boy flesh. Recently in the news:
- An attorney for one of four teenage boys allegedly molested by English teacher Lauren Harrington-Cooper, 31, has indicated the boy is planning to sue the Pennsylvania school district. “The multitude of charges against Harrington-Cooper involves incidents of sexual intercourse and several episodes of oral sex. The four teens ranged in age between 16 and 18 at the time of the encounters.”
- Police in Alabama say substitute teacher Kristina Kelly, 41, had sex with at least three boys at a middle school in Mobile. Kelly has been charged with eight counts including rape, sodomy, sex abuse, and sexual contact with a child under the age of 19. The mother of one 15-year-old said most of the victims are 14 or 15 years old.
- On Thursday, an Indiana judge rejected a plea bargain for Shannon J. Woodson, 39, who was prepared to plead guilty to having sex with a 17-year-old student in her special education class. The judge instead scheduled a jury trial for June 11.
- North Carolina authorities investigating felony sex charges against Brittany Phillips, 25, say the teenage victim provided them with cellphone video of the Lexington High School teacher performing oral sex on him. The student told police that his first sexual encounter with Phillips occurred in a school closet, and that they subsequently had sex twice at her apartment.
- Texas high school counselor Ellen Wermeling, 32, was charged Wednesday with having sex on multiple occasions with a boy who was a senior at MacArthur High School in Houston. The first occasion was Feb. 28 when, the student told police, Wermeling picked him up and took her to her apartment: “They removed each other’s clothes and began having sexual intercourse and oral sex.” The student said he and Wermeling also had sex at her apartment on March 6 and March 8.
You can understand why feminist bloggers don’t pay much attention to these stories: “Women are being oppressed by the patriarchy! Now, excuse me while I suck this teenage boy’s penis . . .”
Kind of disrupts the victimhood narrative, you see.