Posted on | January 9, 2011 | 27 Comments
This is the DHS memo, sent via e-mail at about 6 p.m. Eastern yesterday, regarding the mass murder in Tucson:
“The investigation has been taken over by the FBI, and is being run through the Tucson Command Post. Here’s what can be confirmed at this time (1800 hrs)…
* Gabrielle Giffords Is in ICU.
* Federal judge John Roll is deceased. He did rule on a 32 million dollar civil rights lawsuit in February, 2010. That ruling brought death threats to Roll and his family, and for a time he was given a protection detail.
* 6 deaths attributed to the shooting. 19 total people hit by gunfire.
* suspect’s mother works for the Pima County Board of Supervisors
* the suspect has multiple arrests … But no criminal record? Intervention by someone?
* no direct connection – but strong suspicion is being directed at AmRen / American Renaissance. Suspect is possibly linked to this group. (through videos posted on his myspace and YouTube account.). The group’s ideology is anti government, anti immigration, anti ZOG (Zionist Occupational Government), anti Semitic. Gabrielle Gifford is the first Jewish female elected to such a high position in the US government. She was also opposite this group’s ideology when it came to immigration debate.
* DHS have a list of names and dates of birth of all victims.
* the ACTIC is still playing a major role in the investigation… Computer forensics is cleaning up the surveillance videos, and images from around the scene, and involved in the investigation – working together, was MCSO, DPS, Phoenix PD, ICE, and of course the FBI. It did just come in from the command post, that the federal judge was Not originally scheduled to attend the meeting, according to wife. She stated that he received a phone call about an hour before and was invited to attend. Wrong place – wrong time. For the planning side, there are impromptu memorials popping up all over the state, but the largest one is downtown phoenix, at the capital.”
I just conducted a telephone interview with Jared Taylor of American Renaissance. He said his group has no record of accused shooter Jared Loughner ever being involved with the organization. Taylor said there is no basis for the DHS characterization of American Renaissance as “anti-ZOG,” anti-Semitic or anti-government.
Taylor has been contacted by Fox News, CNN and the New York Times. He said he has contacted the Department of Homeland Security in an effort to determine why his group was named in this memo. Contrary to the DHS memo, Taylor said, there is nothing in the suspect’s YouTube videos that reflects AmRen’s viewpoint. Taylor said he believes that his organization may have been cited by DHS simply because of the coincidence of the name “Jared” being identified as the perpetrator of the shooting. He said he will post an official response later today.
UPDATE: Taylor has now posted his response:
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) reportedly issued a memo claiming that the shooter, Jared Loughner, has some connection with American Renaissance. We have received a copy of the memo . . .
This is so hopelessly wrong that it is hard to believe it is a genuine government document. No one by the name of Loughner has ever been a subscriber to American Renaissance or has ever registered for an American Renaissance conference. We have no evidence that he has even visited the AR website. . . .
If this memo is typical of the research done by the Department of Homeland Security, our country is in serious danger.
I telephoned DHS today to try to get the bottom of this nonsense, but apparently there is no homeland security on Sundays. The person who answered the phone said no one is there and that I should call back on Monday morning.
Fortunately, some of the media organizations that have been reporting this story have contacted me, and have reported my assertion that American Renaissance knows nothing at all about Jared Loughner, that we condemn all violence, and that we cannot possibly be described as anti-Semitic.
Even Mark Potok of the SPLC was quoted today as saying, “Jared Taylor is not an anti-Semite.”
- Speculation Is Not Reporting
- Arizona Shooter ‘Seems to Be Someone Desperately Needing Mental Health Care’
- ARIZONA OUTRAGE: Rep. Giffords Shot in Tucson; U.S. Judge Killed; Gunman Identified as Jared Loughner, 22