Posted on | May 29, 2013 | 39 Comments
Feb. 16 mug shot of accused sex offender Kaitlyn Ashley Hunt
For some reason — beats me! — her supporters want accused sex offender Kaitlyn Ashley Hunt to become nationally famous, and I was minding my own business on May 22 when somebody on Twitter posted a link to Matthew Philbin’s article at Newsbusters: “Left Defends Accused Sex Offender Because She’s Lesbian.” Wow.
That got my attention, and my editorial duties at ViralRead were set aside while I began digging down on this story, discovering a myth built on lies — The Story Too Good to Be True – crafted to portray accused sex offender Kaitlyn Ashley Hunt as a symbol of victimhood:
Supporters of the “Free Kate” movement say Hunt is a victim of homophobia who “made a mistake.” Her lawyer Julia Graves says Hunt is a “model citizen,” but video surfaced over the weekend that would appear to contradict that claim.
“Beat her f–king ass, Emily! Beat her ass! Get that bitch!” the girl reported to be Kaitlyn Hunt shouts in the video showing two girls fighting on the beach. . . .
The video, which Viral Read staff were able to convert to YouTube format, was first posted Saturday at a Tumblr site by a teenager who says he is a Sebastian High classmate. The anonymous teen said “that the way the media is portraying [Hunt] is far from reality. … she is not a good person and is not ‘innocent’. She … constantly starts high school drama, gets in school suspensions, and is overall not well liked at all.” As proof that the girl yelling on the video is actually Hunt, the anonymous poster referred to the arrest record which describes her as having three tattoos, including a bird on her right shoulder. The tattoo appears briefly in the video at the 14-second mark . . .
Click the image to read the whole thing and watch the video:
“Streisand Effect” — look it up.
- May 28: Liberal Logic™ — #FreeKate Edition
- May 27: #FreeKate Lies Unravel; Roman Polanski Could Not Be Reached for Comment
- May 27: The Story Too Good to Be True
- May 26: In Search of Liberal ‘Principle,’ and Also: Does #FreeKate Have a Larger Agenda?
- May 25: Aggravating Circumstances: Against the #FreeKate Campaign for Sexual Anarchy
- May 25: #FreeKate Lies Rejected by Daily Kos Staffer, and Other New Developments
- May 24: Because She’s Cute, That’s Why
- May 24: BREAKING: Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea Offer, Will Face Trial on June 20
- May 23: Damn You, #FreeKate Liars! UPDATE: Parents of 14-Year-Old Girl Speak Out
- May 22: Liberals Now Arguing for a Lesbian’s Right to Have Sex With a 14-Year-Old Girl