Posted on | February 17, 2013 | 9 Comments
The shameful partisan effort of the major media to discourage attention to the Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) scandal gets a brutal beatdown from the man who originally broke the story last fall:
The New York Times on Saturday published a story with a headline claiming “Inquiry of Democratic Senator Started With a Partisan Push,” referring to the multiple ongoing investigations of New Jersey Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez.
Times reporter Eric Lipton named National Legal and Policy Center chairman Ken Boehm as the person behind the story. . . .
Lipton could not be further from the truth. While Boehm and his group have done phenomenal work investigating the Menendez scandal and his ties to Democratic Party mega-donor Dr. Salomon Melgen, he was never an original source for this story.
This tactic — claiming that Democrat scandals are the artificial products of “partisan” opponents — was pioneered by Chris Lehane during the Clinton administration, when the White House circulated a 331-page report called “The Communication Stream of Conspiracy Commerce.” Knowing that the Washington press corps is overwhelmingly Democrat (e.g., 89% voted for Clinton in 1992), the Clintonistas knew that all they needed to do was to convince liberal reporters that coverage of Clinton scandals was bad for Democrats, and they’d shut up about it.
As Matthew Boyle points out, the media lapdogs are eager to regurgitate Democrat spin on the Menendez scandal:
This is the second questionable mainstream media article on the scandal in as many days, too. . . .
It appears the progressive press is working with aides from Sen. Menendez’s office on narrative reconstruction, in [an] attempt to the blur the truth to help the senator skate off allegations of misconduct. The tactic is one that Attorney General Eric Holder and his aides have skillfully employed in the past.
Menendez hired former Holder aide Matt Miller as this scandal heated up to help him try to get out of the scandal, and this all appears to be the work of Miller. Miller cut his teeth in Democratic scandal management, getting Holder out of allegations of impropriety surrounding the New Black Panther Party voter intimidation scandal.
Keep an eye on Matthew Boyle’s continuing coverage at Bretibart.com.
- Feb. 16: Sources Tell Washington Post FBI Can’t Find Menendez’s Dominican Hookers
- Feb. 7: Washington Post Reports Menendez Corruption, Downplays Jailbait Hookers
- Feb. 6: Is Senator Menendez Doomed?
- Feb. 5: The Wrong ‘Yaneisi Fernandez’? Stupid Media Trick Fails to Clear Menendez
- Feb. 5: 100,000 Hookers vs. the Alleged Heterosexuality of Robert Menendez
- Feb. 4: Svitlana Buchyk: Mystery Woman in Menendez HookerGate Scandal
- Feb. 4: HookerGate: What Did @AliciaMenendez Know, and When Did She Know It?
- Feb. 4: Dominican Prostitute in Menendez Scandal Says They Were ‘Very Mistreated’
- Feb. 4: HookerGate: Miami Herald Confirms Elements of Menendez Prostitute Story
- Feb. 2: Billion With a ‘B’: Did Menendez Provide Special Favors to HookerGate Donor?
- Jan. 31: If You Don’t Think ‘Jailbait Hookers’ Is Headline News, You Don’t Know News
- Jan. 30: HookerGate: Is FBI Raid Connected to Menendez’s Dominican Jailbait Scandal?
- Nov. 1: KYRILLOS CAMPAIGN RESPONDS TO MENENDEZ SEX ACCUSATIONS
- Oct. 31: BOB MENENDEZ AND HOOKERS?