The Other McCain

"One should either write ruthlessly what one believes to be the truth, or else shut up." — Arthur Koestler

‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran: “Naaah, VA-8 Residents Don’t Need A Vote”

by Smitty Via Patrick Murray, we have this tidbit about ‘Gentleman’ Jim, always looking out for Virginianshimself: Jim Moran said Northern Virginia was more reflective of the D.C. metro area than the rest of the state. “We’d all be better off if they took the Virginia and Maryland suburbs and made them part of the […]

‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran May Not Have Made The Judicial Watch List, But I Have My Shame, And Only VA-8 Voters Can Take That Away From Me

by Smitty Regular readers of the blog know that I’m a firm believer in the Constitution, American Exceptionalism, and the Enlightenment that informs the better aspects of Western culture. One exception to my generally positive view of all things American, from military service to Virginia residency, is my Congresstool, ‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran. If you follow […]

Rep. Jim Moran Does The Right Thing On The National Defense Authorization Act

by Smitty The Senate’s bill to make CONUS part of the battlefield has been one of the creepier items of recent news. My Representative, of whom I am not always the biggest fan, let us say, had the following to say of this legislation, via Blue Virginia: “While the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) includes […]

#OccupyDC Provides Shenanigans At U.S. Chamber Of Commerce Christmas Party, Patrick Murray Non-Plussed

by Smitty Keith Olbermann lives! The story picks up at 5:13 into the clip. #Occupy protesters (the ‘99%’) laid on the ground and covered themselves in a red carpet for the people leaving the Christmas party (the ‘1%’) to walk all over: In attendance was retired Army Colonel Patrick Murray, who sent the following email: […]

‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran Appreciates Him Some Real Nice Assets

by Smitty Via email from Patrick Murray, Peter Schweizer drops the dime on ‘Gentleman’ Jim, the large-looming lickspittle at 3:10                                      90. Trades. In. A. Day? This helps explain the following, seemingly innocuous remark by ‘Gentleman’ Jim from just last month: You can’t acquire financial security through earned income today; the only way you do […]

Another Installment In This Blog’s ‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran Apology Series

by Smitty World renowned financial expert ‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran, at 2:00 in the following clip: You can’t acquire financial security through earned income today; the only way you do it is by having an appreciating asset. By ‘asset’ I presume he means a set of lobbyist donkeys, and ‘appreciating’ may amount to the kinds of […]

‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran Loves The National Labor Relations Board

by Smitty PJ Tatler: The US House has passed HR 2587, the Protecting Jobs From Government Interference Act. From the National Taxpayers Union: Introduced by Rep. Scott (R-SC), this bill would prevent the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) from substituting its judgment for a private employer’s in decisions on how best to manage the employer’s […]

Could Anthony Weiner Offer Jim Moran Some Life Coaching?

by The World’s Youngest Blogger Review dad’s posts below. I’m not even two months old yet, and it’s as obvious as an empty milk bottle that the government has run the country dry with spending too much.

« go backkeep looking »