Posted on | September 8, 2010 | 19 Comments
There’s no chance she could actually win — how many voters can spell “Murkowski”? — so this would be a pure spoiler move:
Sen. Lisa Murkowski is strongly considering mounting a November write-in campaign to keep her seat and could make an announcement as soon as tomorrow, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
Running as a write-in candidate appears to be Murkowski’s last remaining option. . . .
Another source familiar with Murkowski’s deliberations contends that she has definitely decided to remain in the race and challenge Miller and Democrat Scott McAdams in the general election. . . .
Murky and her advisers clearly don’t care about anything but themselves and are employing the same selfish scorched-earth approach as Charlie Crist. One of the commenters at AOSHQ had this reaction:
Good Lord, this is like trying to break up with the psycho-bitch of a girlfriend and she keeps calling all of your friends and relatives to beg them to help her make you take her back.
How long before Murky keys somebody’s car in the parking lot?
UPDATE: Murkowski campaign manager (and Palin-hater) John Bitney didn’t help his boss win over the LP with his comment about the Libertarians being “star-struck,” Doug Brady notes at C4P and adds:
The fact that Bitney would be running [Murkowski's write-in] campaign means Joe Miller won’t have to worry about much.
UPDATE II: Allahpundit thinks this is a perfect time to take a cheap shot at Christine O’Donnell. Or maybe it’s a cheap shot at Libertarians. Six of one, half-dozen of the other.
- Sept. 7: Lisa Murkowski Meets Personally With Alaska LP Officials
- Sept. 3: How to Write an Anti-Palin Hit Piece
- Sept. 3: Hey, Who’s the Man?
- Sept. 2: Greetings from Wasilla
- Sept. 2: Sarah Palin Calls MSM Reporters ‘Impotent, Limp, and Gutless’
- Sept. 2: Meet Team Joe
- Sept. 2: VRWC in the Last Frontier
- Sept. 1: The Night They Drove Old Murky Down
- Aug. 31: ALASKA SENATE COUNTDOWN TODAY
- Aug. 31: Greetings From Anchorage!
- Aug. 30:Alaska LP to Murkowski: DROP DEAD!
- Aug. 30: One-Way Flight to Anchorage
- Aug. 30: Did Murkowski’s Mystery Man ‘Mike’ Tamper With Alaska Senate Vote?
- Aug. 29: Alaska Libertarian Party Calls Emergency Meeting About Murkowski
- Aug. 28: Lisa the Loser vs. Joe Miller, RINO Killer
- Aug. 27: Murkowski Is ‘Insanely Un-Libertarian’
- Aug. 27: Murkowski’s Libertarian Effort Is Led by Longtime Palin Enemy
- Aug. 26: Alaska LP Senate Candidate Dave Haase Is ‘Huge Sarah Palin Fan’
- Aug. 26: Lisa Murkowski ‘Lawyers Up’
- Aug. 26: What’s the Air Fare to Anchorage?
- Aug. 26: It’s All Over for Lisa the Loser
- Aug. 25: Why Joe Miller Won
- Aug. 24: Challenger Miller Upsets Murkowski in Alaska GOP Senate Primary
- July 6: Lisa Murkowski’s Palin Problem