Posted on | August 14, 2012 | 9 Comments
Patrick Murray on FaceBook brings up an old chestnut, featuring my bloody-minded Congresstool in fine form. Here he anticipates the famous Elizabeth Warren diatribe, which also pre-figured #OccupyResoluteDesk’s “You didn’t build that” in Roanoke, VA.
Virginia led this country to independence. Jim Moran, living in the shadow of Mount Vernon, would cheerfully lead this country back to dependence. Emphasis mine in the transcript:
Q: Should the government protect peaceful citizens against people that want to use force to take their money?
Q: Can you live well if other people can legally gang up on you and forcefully take your money?
Q: Should the government redistribute its citizen’s wealth by forecefull taking money from some citizens through taxes in order to provide goods and services for others?
Moran: If that’s the quest you’re asking, the answer is: yes. Because . . . the people who are making the wealth in this country are making it as a result of the investment that has been put into the education of the workforce that produces their goods. . .the money that has been put into the roads and transit systems and rails, uh, that carry the commerce that produces much of their profit and the money from their taxes that has gone into the military that protects their wealth.
Q: Did you agree that the government should protect peaceful citizens against people that want to use force to take their money?
Moran: You’ve asked me that question.
Q: Did you agree that the government should protect them:
Q: So, when the government is forcefully taking money from some citizens in order to give it to others. . .
Moran: [sputtering, ejects]
What a sad little tool. Thankfully, someone who can retire this lousy buffoon is at hand:
Moran combines the ugliness of Elizabeth Warren’s policy ideas with the stench of #OccupyResoluteDesk’s gutter campaign
- ‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran, VA-8, Clues The World In On A Point His Constituents Suspected, Yet Was Better Unstated
- FaceBook Love: ‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran
- Not Even #OccupyResoluteDesk’s Most Athletic Supporter, ‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran, Voted For BHO’s Budget
- ‘Jailbird’ Jim Moran
- ‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran, Beta-Male Fascist
- ‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran Weeps For The Poor Wee Bureaucrat
- ‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran Can’t Differentiate Between Allen West And A Hyena; Thinks That Barack Obama Is The Lion King
- Global Warming Is Dead. Will ManBearPig Campaign For ‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran Again In 2012?
- I’ve Got Your ‘Precise’ Right Here, ‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran: Patrick Murray For Congress!
- ‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran: “Naaah, VA-8 Residents Don’t Need A Vote”
- ‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran May Not Have Made The Judicial Watch List, But I Have My Shame, And Only VA-8 Voters Can Take That Away From Me
- ‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran, Civil Servant
- ‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran Appreciates Him Some Real Nice Assets
- Another Installment In This Blog’s ‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran Apology Series
- ‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran Loves The National Labor Relations Board
- Could Anthony Weiner Offer Jim Moran Some Life Coaching?
- ‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran Is So Cool, He Made Klavan On The Culture
- Going-In Position: The Opposite Of Jim Moran’s Ideas Are Good Ones
- Jim Moran: Clownish Buffoon, Or Buffoonish Clown?
- Which Ignorance Probably Explains Jim Moran’s Reelections
- The 10′ Fairy Sculpture At The Mark Center: A Jim Moran Symbol?
- Best VA Political Week Of The Year