Posted on | March 16, 2012 | 2 Comments
His Paco-ness points to a DC Caller article I hadn’t bothered with due to the presence of Clooney. Now, George Clooney is at least watchable in the “Ocean’s xx” franchise. Off camera, the difference between Clooney and Sean Penn is that Clooney is the crypto-Fascist who was never married to Madonna, as far as I know.
In addition to Clooney and his father, journalist Nick Clooney, Democratic Reps. Jim McGovern of Massachusetts, Jim Moran of Virgina and Al Green of Texas were arrested. Activists including NAACP President Ben Jealous, Martin Luther King III and John Prendergast of the Enough Protest were also arrested.
According to a press release, the protest was held to “demand immediate action to stop Sudan’s use of food as a weapon… half a million people in Sudan’s Nuba Mountains and Blue Nile regions risk starvation because Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir is blockading food and humanitarian aid.”
UPDATE: George Clooney has been released after paying a $100 fine for trespassing. Clooney was among the group of congressmen and activists arrested for ignoring warnings and crossing a police line outside the embassy.
Now, if you’ve paid any attention to South Sudan, they’ve a substantial Christian minorty, in contrast to the Muslim Sudan from which they’ve recently seceded. So Clooney & Co. should perhaps consider the likelihood of #OccupyResoluteDesk diverting any of the vast U.S. resources spent helping the similar plight of the Egyptian Christians to support the South Sudanese. It’s about 0. BHO, nominally Christian himself, takes not being seen as shilling for his own kind to extremes.
‘Jailbird’ Jim probably grasps all that. He probably also understands the need to set an example, as a public figure. You know, by paying attention to what the police are saying. What I can’t figure out is why he would forgo the day-trading profits to hang around with the rest of these louts. Clooney is some big Democ**t donor, one surmises? Was there a leash on Moran?
All I can say is that I am glad I was not there, and there was no police brutality to report. I would have been 51% against the brutality, and 49% thinking something else. . .
Having said all that, the average folk of South Sudan merit sympathy, as do those of Afghanistan, or the rest of these impoverished countries. Authoritarian, anti-capitalist policies will turn any country into a toilet. Jim Moran, unfortunately, advocates the policies that will render these United States as both as helpless as South Sudan, and incapable of even trying to help those people. There is only one patriotic thing Americans, and especially Virginians can do. Support
- ‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran, Beta-Male Fascist
- ‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran Weeps For The Poor Wee Bureaucrat
- ‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran Can’t Differentiate Between Allen West And A Hyena; Thinks That Barack Obama Is The Lion King
- Global Warming Is Dead. Will ManBearPig Campaign For ‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran Again In 2012?
- I’ve Got Your ‘Precise’ Right Here, ‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran: Patrick Murray For Congress!
- ‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran: “Naaah, VA-8 Residents Don’t Need A Vote”
- ‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran May Not Have Made The Judicial Watch List, But I Have My Shame, And Only VA-8 Voters Can Take That Away From Me
- ‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran, Civil Servant
- ‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran Appreciates Him Some Real Nice Assets
- Another Installment In This Blog’s ‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran Apology Series
- ‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran Loves The National Labor Relations Board
- Could Anthony Weiner Offer Jim Moran Some Life Coaching?
- ‘Gentleman’ Jim Moran Is So Cool, He Made Klavan On The Culture
- Going-In Position: The Opposite Of Jim Moran’s Ideas Are Good Ones
- Jim Moran: Clownish Buffoon, Or Buffoonish Clown?
- Which Ignorance Probably Explains Jim Moran’s Reelections
- The 10′ Fairy Sculpture At The Mark Center: A Jim Moran Symbol?
- Best VA Political Week Of The Year