Your Honor, May I Direct the Court’s Attention to Exhibit J, Please?
UPDATE: Who Is ‘Forced to Engage’?
Posted on | October 21, 2012 | 9 Comments
Brett Kimberlin could have been sentenced to 230 years in federal prison
In the case of Walker v. Kimberlin, Exhibit J is an e-mail that Brett Kimberlin, acting as his own lawyer, sent to Aaron Walker’s attorney Dan Backer, stating in part:
I don’t know what kind of litigation you think this is but I see it as a form of harassment. You are trying to get discovery in a case that fails to state a valid legal claim, that is whole frivolous and malicious, and which, if you proceed, will subject you to sanctions.
You have filed for default against people you haven’t served and who have no assets whatsoever. Ok let’s take this to the next step. You get default, then what? Get a hearing on damages? Go after their assets? They have none. So really you are just harassing them. You should really be ashamed of yourself for being party to such reprehensible conduct.
As I said, I have chosen December 15 because, inter alia, I am coopering with nthe FBI and other law enforcement officials regarding several issues involving your client and I believe that the resolution of those matters will have a bearing on this case.
Let’s point out a few things, shall we?
- Aaron Walker has said that Kimberlin, among other things, tried to “frame” him for a bogus assault charge.
- Kimberlin is an expert on “frivolous and malicious” legal actions, having filed more than 100 actions on his own behalf as a “jailhose lawyer” while he was imprisoned for the 1978 bombing spree in Indiana that earned him the sobriquet, “The Speedway Bomber.”
- Kimberlin dares speak of “harassment,” when Kimberlin has sued blogger Seth Allen and threatened to sue journalist Mandy Nagy and blogger Patrick Frey for nothing other than the fact that they have written about Kimberlin’s notorious criminal history. Furthermore, Kimberlin has made spurious complaints in an attempt to get Frey fired from his job.
- Kimberlin refers to (but does not name) his co-defendants, Neal Rauhauser and Ron Brynaert, asserting that they “have no assets whatsoever” — how does Kimberlin know this? How is it that he is privy to the financial condition of Rauhauser and Brynaert? And what business of Kimberlin’s what sort of motions Backer has filed against Rauhauser and Brynaert?
The alleged relationship between Kimberlin, Rauhauser and Brynaert is at the very heart of Walker’s case.
UPDATE: As anticipated and intended, Saturday’s post — “Neal Rauhauser, Who Drove Barrett Brown Off the Deep End, Continues Unrelenting Harassment of His Targets” — has gotten the attention of Rauhauser and his pet troll, “Occupy Rebellion.”
Yesterday, Rauhauser wrote on his Blog No One Should Link that I was “forced to engage after resolute silence,” and why was that, Neal? I’m sure you don’t know and I’ll give you no hints. Suffice to say that my assistance was solicited, and that my “resolute silence” was simply because I’ve been busy covering the presidential election campaign. (PPP: Obama’s Lead In Ohio Dwindles To 1.)
Keep in mind that Rauhauser, by inciting Nadia Naffe’s lawsuit against Patterico, has obligated Patterico to avoid writing about this subject on advice of counsel, and Aaron Walker‘s attorneys have advised him likewise. So two of the bloggers most knowledgeable about what I call the Kimberlin-Rauhauser Axis are not in a position to tell readers what’s happening on that front. William Hoge has been keeping tabs on the court proceedings, but Rauhauser’s methodical cyberstalking required my special attention.
Rauhauser asserts on his blog that I am a “slithering slime merchant” for pointing out that it was he — Neal Rauhauser — who provoked Barrett Brown’s memorable meltdown by feeding Barrett a false conspiracy theory about Jennifer Emick, and then convincing Barrett to push attacks on Patterico and me. Go watch the 13-minute video that got Brown arrested:
“I got to find out, thanks to a hack — thanks to another f–king stroke of luck, thank God — that HB Gary, since mid-February, had hired an FBI informant . . . making up reasons to raid Barrett Brown and get his information. . . .
“It turns out — from the e-mails that were stolen two months ago and that, thank God, I have — that that guy was an old military buddy of HB Gary executive Jim Butterworth. . . . I know what’s been done to me by these f–king contractors . . .
“FBI agent Robert Smith is a criminal who’s involved in a criminal conspiracy that has, thank God, been revealed, part of which was evident months ago, because I told the f–king FBI agent Daniel Forseck . . . when his f–king little Jennifer Emick — f–king informant, HB Gary employee — bragging about the sh-t, she gave me the number. I guess she wanted to talk to me and see what I’d say.”
Emick is certainly hated by Anonymous, so she made a convenient scapegoat, but there are those who believe that the “hack” which caused Barrett to begin raving incoherently about his plans to “destroy” an FBI agent was, in fact, a forgery created by Rauhauser.
That’s right: Neal Rauhauser is suspected of manufacturing “evidence” in support of his conspiracy theories, and feeding bogus messages to Barrett Brown in such a way as to play on Brown’s paranoia and cause the online meltdown that got Brown arrested.
What would happen if, as a result of the proceedings against Barrett Brown, we were to learn more about what sneaky business the compulsively dishonest Rauhauser has been pursuing behind the scenes? I don’t know, but I suspect Neal’s deeply worried.
Rauhauser is also deeply worried about the Walker v. Kimberlin case, where a key hearing is scheduled next Friday, which no doubt explains why Neal has begun touting what he calls the “Kookpocalypse Konclusion” with a countdown clock to Friday, Oct. 26.
UPDATE II: “Occupy Rebellion” claims that I am blogging about Rauhauser merely to raise money:
@rsmccain You won’t mention Brooks because he’ll then go after you.But mentioning Neal’s name brings in more donations.
— Sheridan (@OccupyRebellion) October 20, 2012
Hey, I’ve always been a Shameless Capitalist Blogger, and this experiment in reader-supported journalism has inspired remarkable generosity by those who appreciate the work. Both site traffic and contributions to The Shoe Leather Fund increased during the six weeks when I wrote about almost nothing else except The Kimberlin Files.
Furthermore, I think readers can well imagine what havoc and mischief Kimberlin, Rauhauser & Co. might have wreaked in the fall campaign season, if an Army of Davids had not brought their evil works into the light of day. Exposed under constant scrutiny from late May onward, and on the defensive in the courtroom because of the lawsuit brought by Aaron Walker, the Kimberlin-Rauhauser Axis has been effectively sidelined in this election.
You made that happen — the readers, the tip-jar hitters, all the bloggers and activists who joined the fight in defense of Aaron Walker, who helped defend the First Amendment rights of citizen-journalists against the criminal Kimberlin and his minions — and it is with profound gratitude that I salute your efforts, and thank you for the opportunity to be of service in this worthy cause.
So if “Occupy Rebellion” wants to whine about my fundraising, she’s really whining about you, and if you want to give her a little more to whine about, I’ll once more remind you of the Five Most Important Words in the English Language:
And, as I said on a memorable occasion five months ago, never doubt that God answers prayer.
— Robert Stacy McCain (@rsmccain) October 21, 2012
- May 17: Is Democrat Operative Neal Rauhauser an ‘Associate’ of Convicted Terrorist Brett Kimberlin? (And Why It Matters)
- May 17: Convicted Terrorist Brett Kimberlin Received $70,000 From Tides Foundation, $10,000 From Streisand, $20,000 from John Kerry’s Wife
- May 18: Who Warned Us About Brett Kimberlin?
- May 19: Domestic Terrorist Now Using ‘Lawfare’? Convicted Felon Kimberlin’s 501(c)3 Raised $1.8 Million in Six Years UPDATE: ‘Convicted of Perjury’
- May 20: Deadline Loometh, and the Raven Is Croaking Brett Kimberlin’s Name
- May 20: ‘Other Computer Savvy Activists’
- May 21: Never Doubt That God Answers Prayer
- May 22: Brett Kimberlin Saga Takes a Bizarre Turn, Forcing Me to Leave Maryland
- May 23: ‘He Has No F–king Soul’
- May 24: Lying Felon Can’t Stop Lying
- May 25: KimberlinFiles.org
- May 26: Kimberlin v. Walker Hearing Scheduled: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday in Rockville, Maryland
- May 27: Brett Kimberlin’s Heiress Aunt Helping Fund His Tax-Exempt Harassment
- May 27: ERICK ERICKSON GETS SWATTED
- May 28: Somebody Tell Nina Totenberg Her Buddy Brett Kimberlin Is Making News Again
- May 29: Matthew Vadum Talks Brett Kimberlin
- May 29: REPORT: Aaron Walker Arrested After Maryland Hearing on Kimberlin Case UPDATE: Walker Now Released
- May 31: Aaron Walker Court Hearing Confirms Kimberlin-Rauhauser Collaboration
- June 1: Radicals Justify Their Evil by Invoking Their Presumed Moral Superiority
- June 2: When Neal Rauhauser Complained About ‘Menacing’ and ‘Cyberstalking’
- June 3: The Profoundly Dishonest Brett Kimberlin
- June 3: Raw Story Disavows Ties to Kimberlin
- June 3: Inside Neal Rauhauser’s Twisted Mind
- June 4: ‘A Faint Whiff of Vigilante Hysteria’: Weinergate’s Kimberlin Connection
- June 5: Ali Akbar Says, ‘World War Three’
- June 5: Fear and Loathing on Capitol Hill: The GOP Caucus Is Decadent and Depraved
- June 6: Walker Files Appeal in Kimberlin Case; Ali Akbar Says: ‘We’re Not Stopping.’
- June 6: Sen. Saxby Chambliss Requests DOJ Investigate SWATting
- June 7: CNN Gets Scooped on Its Own Story UPDATE: ACLJ Joins the Fight!
- June 8: NATIONAL DAY OF BLOGGER SILENCE UPDATE: Remember Seth Allen
- June 8: @AceOfSpadesHQ BREAKS SILENCE: #BrettKimberlin’s Escalating Threat
- June 10: Brett Kimberlin, Neal Rauhauser, and Their Transparent Empire of Lies UPDATE: ‘Anonymous’ Connection
- June 11: Florida Rep. Sandy Adams Leads 85 House Republicans in ‘SWATting’ Letter
- June 11: #BrettKimberlin Says He Was ‘SWATted’; Why Do Maryland Cops Say Otherwise?
- June 11: HUGE! Neal Rauhauser’s Vicious Lies Exposed by Yet Another Leaked E-Mail
- June 12: ‘Team Kimberlin’ Meltdown Continues
- June 13: A High Time on the Low Road: Smears Target Brett Kimberlin’s Enemies List UPDATE: SWATting Supect ID’d?
- June 13: Time to Ask: What Did Brett Kimberlin Know and When Did He Know It?
- June 14: Patterico: ‘Certain Big Media Reporters Are Scared to Write About Kimberlin’
- June 14: ‘Real Reporter’ @NYT_JenPreston vs. Blogger @Prepostericity (Seth Allen)
- June 14: Neal Rauhauser’s Online Slander Factory
- June 15: Neal Rauhauser’s Game Plan Involving Velvet Revolution and Anonymous
- June 16: Team Kimberlin’s Busted Hustle Now Beginning to Unravel Rapidly UPDATE: Perhaps Not a Coincidence
- June 17: ‘Scrubbed’ Writings Show Kimberlin Associate Neal Rauhauser’s Obsessions
- June 18: The Kimberlin Files: Ali Akbar, the Fight for Liberty and … a Disturbing Silence
- June 19: Neal Rauhauser’s Criminal Complaint Against Blogger Greg W. Howard
- June 19: Neal Rauhauser: Internet Super-Spy!
- June 20: ‘Persona Management’ for Wackjobs: Rauhauser’s Methods of Deception
- June 21: Recording: Leader of Anti-Limbaugh Effort Brags About Obama Campaign Ties
- June 21: ‘Iowa Boy,’ ‘Stranded Wind’ and the Sadistic Personality of Neal Rauhauser
- June 22: E-Mails Expose MSNBC Host’s Involvement in #StopRush Boycott
- June 22: BREAKING: Motion Filed Seeking Federal Injunction on Behalf of Blogger
- June 23: Imani Gandy, #StopRush and Neal Rauhauser: Confirmation and Credibility
- June 23: Neal Rauhauser’s Bizarre Suspicions, and Profiling the (Hypothetical) ‘UnSub’
- June 24: The Silence of Mark Singer; Also: Kimberlin v. Walker Hearing Monday
- June 25: UPDATED: Aaron Walker Granted Emergency Order in Maryland Hearing, Calls Ruling ‘Important Victory’
- June 25: Aaron Walker SWATted?
- June 26: Conspiracy Theorist ‘Qritiq’ Conspires Against Neal Rauhauser’s Targets
- June 26: #TCOT #BrettKimberlin #SWATting Important Event 9:30 p.m. ET Tonight!
- June 27: Professor Glenn ‘Exhibit E’ Reynolds
- June 27: ‘The Gaped Crusader’: Brett Kimberlin Associate Neal Rauhauser Stalked and Taunted SWATting Victim Patrick Frey
- June 29: Convicted Perjurer Brett Kimberlin Has 8:30 a.m. Hearing in Maryland Today
- June 30: UPDATE: Lying Felon Brett Kimberlin Scores a Draw in Maryland Hearing
- July 1: ‘I Know This All Sounds Crazy, But …’
- July 2: Neal Rauhauser’s War on Women
- July 2: A Drawer Full of Sockpuppets: Another Neal Rauhauser ‘Persona’ Exposed
- July 3: Freedom Is Under Attack: Help the National Bloggers Club Fight Back
- July 12: Brett Kimberlin: ‘I Want to Be Left Alone’
- July 16: How’s Your Gaelic, Neal Rauhauser?
- Aug. 6: EXCLUSIVE: Kimberlin Associate Neal Rauhauser Accuses Brandon Darby of Fake SWAT Calls, ‘Obstruction of Justice’
- Aug. 10: Brett Kimberlin Will Have to Answer Questions Under Penalty of Perjury
- Aug. 19: Neal Rauhauser Again? Yet Another Conspiracy Theory Smear Emerges
- Sept. 2: Kimberlin-Rauhauser Axis Targets Romney Campaign Staffer Bill Murphy
- Sept. 17: The ‘Accuse the Accusers’ Strategy: Attempting to Explain Social Engineering
- Sept. 18: Walker v. Kimberlin Case Moves Forward
- Sept. 21: Exit, Lying: Smear Site Quits After Being Named Walker v. Kimberlin Defendant
- Sept. 22: Neal Rauhauser’s Crazy-Evil Obsession
- Sept. 24: The Best Revenge: Ohio-Bound
- Oct. 2: ‘Someone Trying to Breathe Life into a Three-Year Old Dead Horse’
- Oct. 20: Neal Rauhauser, Who Drove Barrett Brown Off the Deep End, Continues Unrelenting Harassment of His Targets