Posted on | June 16, 2012 | 48 Comments
‘Speedway Bomber’ Brett Kimberlin was sentenced to 50 years in 1981
“Who wants to get involved? Easier, and surely safer, just to duck one’s head and hide, and hope the danger visits someone else.”
– Ace of Spades, “Kitty Genovese and the Conservative Media,” May 21
FROM AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION
Until a month ago, Brett Kimberlin and his associates had recorded what must have seemed, from their perspective, to be an uninterrupted series of victories in their ruthless war against their chosen targets. They had sued Seth Allen, threatened Patrick “Patterico” Frey, gotten Aaron Walker and his wife fired from their jobs, and harassed or menaced in various ways a number of other people, including Mandy Nagy, James O’Keefe and the late Andrew Breitbart.
What is amazing is how this intimidation campaign had gone on for months, dating back at least to October 2010 and involving multiple targets, without gaining wider attention.
Today — 30 days since Walker published his 28,000-word account of how he says Kimberlin tried to “frame” him on a bogus assault charge — the tables have clearly turned. More and more people are learning the shocking truth about Brett Kimberlin, his criminal past, the suspicious activities of Kimberlin’s 501(c) non-profits, the bizarre behavior of Kimberlin’s associates and the still-mysterious “SWATtings” of Mike Stack, Patterico and Erick Erickson. Members of Congress have called for an investigation and major organizations like the American Center for Law and Justice have become involved.
Friday night, we got yet another Memeorandum thread, this one on David Hogberg’s report at Investors Business Daily that criminal charges against Aaron Walker have been dismissed, although the ridiculous “peace order” against Walker apparently remains in effect. Michelle Malkin calls it a “free speech win,” but warns that there is still “a long fight ahead on many fronts.”
Indeed, while we are clearly winning, we have not yet won, and there can be no letting up in this fight so long as “Team Kimberlin” (to use Ken at Popehat‘s excellent phrase) continues to menace innocent Americans whose only “crime” is telling the truth. Bob Belvedere at Camp of the Saints is fond of quoting General Patton’s famous lecture on tactics:
“Now there’s another thing I want you to remember. I don’t want to get any messages saying that ‘we are holding our position.’ We’re not holding anything. Let the Hun do that. We are advancing constantly and we’re not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We’re going to hold onto him by the nose and we’re going to kick him in the ass. We’re going to kick the hell out of him all the time and we’re going to go through him like crap through a goose!”
Every day, we grab hold of some piece of the Kimberlin saga — some previously unreported fact or overlooked detail, some development on the legal or political front — and we push it as hard as we can, making the story new and fresh every day. One month into this epic battle of informational warfare, there is now a nationwide readership of thousands following this story with fascinated interest, and I am keenly aware of the need to keep moving the ball down the field, like a football team driving toward a touchdown.
Thursday at Brooks Baynes’s site The Trenches, Patrick Read published an e-mail from Kimberlin associate Neal Rauhauser to Michael Stack that is another eye-opener about Rauhauser’s secretive disinformation operations:
Let this email serve as an example of how Neal Rauhauser . . . and his associates “infiltrate the right-wing,” per his now-deleted-from-the-internet article (here).He uses intimidation, references to the FBI & threatens others with “lawfare” (frivolous lawsuits) to gain alliance & information.
Please read the whole thing. As Patrick Read remarks, Rauhauser’s actions appear very much like witness tampering.
There is much, much more of this stuff that has yet to be revealed and explained. Like Patton said, “We are advancing constantly.”
UPDATE: Patterico has video of Michelle Malkin speaking at Right Online about the bloggers who have been threatened and harassed by Brett Kimberlin, and also video of a certain “hockey mom” from Wasilla saying “the SWATtings must stop.”
Unfortunately, although I was invited to Right Online, I wasn’t able to attend this year’s conference — I had to travel to the D.C. area Friday for a meeting with a source — but Ali Akbar is in Las Vegas representing the National Bloggers Club.
UPDATE II: Linked by That Mr. G Guy — thanks! — and by Doug Hagin at Daley Gator, who invokes a famous general’s words. The same general also once advised:
“Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy, if possible; and when you strike and overcome him, never let up in the pursuit so long as your men have strength to follow; for an army routed, if hotly pursued, becomes panic-stricken, and can then be destroyed by half their number. The other rule is, never fight against heavy odds, if by any possible maneuvering you can hurl your own force on only a part, and that the weakest part, of your enemy and crush it. Such tactics will win every time, and a small army may thus destroy a large one in detail, and repeated victory will make it invincible.”
UPDATE III: Want to see something that completely exposes the dishonesty of Team Kimberlin? As I explained Thursday, Neal Raushauser has been obsessed with Patterico for nearly a year, and this obsession is shared by the site I call “Not Brett Kimberlin,” which denies its association with Kimberlin, even as it relentlessly targets the people on Kimberlin’s (and Rauhauser’s) enemies list. Here is the topic-cloud from that site:
You see that Patterico and Aaron Walker are the two most common topics on the Not Brett Kimberlin site, which is ostensibly devoted to “Unmasking the Hidden Truth About Andrew Breitbart.” Yet Breitbart himself (with whom, perhaps not coincidentally, Rauhauser was also pathologically obsessed) has been dead for three months, and this anti-Breitbart site continues stumbling on in zombie fashion, ranting against Patterico, against Walker, against me — against anyone, that is, who threatens to expose the misdeeds of the Kimberlin-Rauhauser axis.
Kimberlin, Rauhauser and their associates evidently think they are so much smarter than everyone else that they can do stuff like this without their motives and purposes being obvious to us all. Their imagined mental superiority leads them into foolish blunders – as when the Not Brett Kimberlin site hilariously declared in March that Ace of Spades is actually a woman — and is fundamentally symptomatic of their profound personality disorders.
There was some political utility, from the perspective of the Left, in having a site devoted to “unmasking” (by which they mean, smearing) Andrew Breitbart, a famous figure in conservative New Media. But now that Breitbart is dead, the Not Brett Kimberlin site exposes itself as the outworkings of a deranged mind, haphazardly smearing a bunch of people most Americans never heard of, but who loom large as demonized scapegoats in Rauhauser’s paranoid worldview. A couple of useful questions:
- What was the very first post at Not Brett Kimberlin? It was an attack on Breitbart for his role in the Citizens United documentary Occupy Unmasked (the link is through an “anonymizer” filter, because that site is infested with spyware viruses and other creepy hacker stuff.)
- What was the subject of Neal Rauhauser’s September 2011 e-mail on behalf of Kimberlin’s 501(c) Velvet Revolution? He was reaching out to leaders of “Occupy Boston,” via an introduction made through Gregg Housh of the “Anonymous” hacker conspiracy
Just a coincidence, I’m sure.
UPDATE IV: The new (anti-Kimberlin, pro-freedom) Velvet Revolution blog has video of the reaction when the latest news about Aaron Walker’s case reached a certain bunker in Berlin:
Friday at Right Online, they had a special remembrance of Andrew Breitbart, and let’s not forget this warning from Andrew:
– Robert Stacy McCain, Whereabouts Unknown
UPDATE V (Smitty): welcome, Instapundit readers!
UPDATE VI (RSM): Also now a Memeorandum thread, and be sure and read the latest: “‘Scrubbed’ Writings Show Kimberlin Associate Neal Rauhauser’s Obsessions.”
- May 17: Is Democrat Operative Neal Rauhauser an ‘Associate’ of Convicted Terrorist Brett Kimberlin? (And Why It Matters)
- May 17: Convicted Terrorist Brett Kimberlin Received $70,000 From Tides Foundation, $10,000 From Streisand, $20,000 from John Kerry’s Wife
- May 18: Who Warned Us About Brett Kimberlin?
- May 19: Domestic Terrorist Now Using ‘Lawfare’? Convicted Felon Kimberlin’s 501(c)3 Raised $1.8 Million in Six Years UPDATE: ‘Convicted of Perjury’
- May 20: Deadline Loometh, and the Raven Is Croaking Brett Kimberlin’s Name
- May 20: ‘Other Computer Savvy Activists’
- May 21: Never Doubt That God Answers Prayer
- May 22: Brett Kimberlin Saga Takes a Bizarre Turn, Forcing Me to Leave Maryland
- May 23: ‘He Has No F–king Soul’
- May 24: Lying Felon Can’t Stop Lying
- May 25: KimberlinFiles.org
- May 26: Kimberlin v. Walker Hearing Scheduled: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday in Rockville, Maryland
- May 27: Brett Kimberlin’s Heiress Aunt Helping Fund His Tax-Exempt Harassment
- May 27: ERICK ERICKSON GETS SWATTED
- May 28: Somebody Tell Nina Totenberg Her Buddy Brett Kimberlin Is Making News Again
- May 29: Matthew Vadum Talks Brett Kimberlin
- May 29: REPORT: Aaron Walker Arrested After Maryland Hearing on Kimberlin Case UPDATE: Walker Now Released
- May 31: Aaron Walker Court Hearing Confirms Kimberlin-Rauhauser Collaboration
- June 1: Radicals Justify Their Evil by Invoking Their Presumed Moral Superiority
- June 2: When Neal Rauhauser Complained About ‘Menacing’ and ‘Cyberstalking’
- June 3: The Profoundly Dishonest Brett Kimberlin
- June 3: Raw Story Disavows Ties to Kimberlin
- June 3: Inside Neal Rauhauser’s Twisted Mind
- June 4: ‘A Faint Whiff of Vigilante Hysteria’: Weinergate’s Kimberlin Connection
- June 5: Ali Akbar Says, ‘World War Three’
- June 5: Fear and Loathing on Capitol Hill: The GOP Caucus Is Decadent and Depraved
- June 6: Walker Files Appeal in Kimberlin Case; Ali Akbar Says: ‘We’re Not Stopping.’
- June 6: Sen. Saxby Chambliss Requests DOJ Investigate SWATting
- June 7: CNN Gets Scooped on Its Own Story UPDATE: ACLJ Joins the Fight!
- June 8: NATIONAL DAY OF BLOGGER SILENCE UPDATE: Remember Seth Allen
- June 8: @AceOfSpadesHQ BREAKS SILENCE: #BrettKimberlin’s Escalating Threat
- June 10: Brett Kimberlin, Neal Rauhauser, and Their Transparent Empire of Lies UPDATE: ‘Anonymous’ Connection
- June 11: Florida Rep. Sandy Adams Leads 85 House Republicans in ‘SWATting’ Letter
- June 11: #BrettKimberlin Says He Was ‘SWATted’; Why Do Maryland Cops Say Otherwise?
- June 11: HUGE! Neal Rauhauser’s Vicious Lies Exposed by Yet Another Leaked E-Mail
- June 12: ‘Team Kimberlin’ Meltdown Continues
- June 13: A High Time on the Low Road: Smears Target Brett Kimberlin’s Enemies List UPDATE: SWATting Supect ID’d?
- June 13: Time to Ask: What Did Brett Kimberlin Know and When Did He Know It?
- June 14: Patterico: ‘Certain Big Media Reporters Are Scared to Write About Kimberlin’
- June 14: ‘Real Reporter’ @NYT_JenPreston vs. Blogger @Prepostericity (Seth Allen)
- June 14: Neal Rauhauser’s Online Slander Factory
- June 15: Neal Rauhauser’s Game Plan Involving Velvet Revolution and Anonymous