Posted on | July 16, 2012 | 28 Comments
In the past week or so, readers may have noticed that I’ve relented in my non-stop blogging about convicted terrorist Brett Kimberlin and his demented associate Neal Rauhauser. On July 5, when Judge Rupp’s ruling restored Aaron Walker’s First Amendment rights, I figured this ended the original emergency that drew my attention on May 17. My family and I are now safely relocated, and it seemed a good time to return my attention to the presidential campaign that I had been covering before this emergency arose.
However, I did not for a moment suppose that Kimberlin, Rauhauser and their surrogates would cease their evil machinations. This expectation was fulfilled today when I was contacted by a blogger friend, who reported that she had received an utterly vicious e-mail sent by someone impersonating a mutual acquaintance, conveying vile falsehoods attributed to me.
That mutual acquaintance is clearly not amused, and the question of who perpetrated this mischief can perhaps permit some speculation.
Means, motive and opportunity, if you get my drift.
Who had a motive to do this evil deed? Who described himself as a “hacker” and boasted of his connection to the hacker group “Anonymous”? Who is a self-proclaimed expert in “persona management” and other means of online deception? Who has written at length about his fascination with Maltego software as a tool for mapping online connections? Who therefore would have sought to exploit such connections in this way?
Let me make clear that I do not accuse Neal Rauhauser of committing this crime. He might very much wish me to make such an accusation, thus allowing him to deny the accusation, demand “proof” of his guilt — which I don’t have — and thereby portray himself as a victim of defamation, harassment, blah, blah, blah.
Nevertheless, I hold Neal Rauhauser personally responsible, based on his own well-documented record of advocating, intructing others in, and personally engaging in such malicious online behavior.
Perhaps my suspicions are misplaced. Perhaps this particular act was committed by some random a–hole unconnected to Neal Rauhauser.
Whatever. It makes no difference to my resolute determination to see him brought to justice for his sociopathic behavior, which he had been directing at other innocent people even before I ever heard the name “Neal Rauhauser”. There is good reason to believe Neal has committed numerous sins against the innocent that will never be proven against him, his deceptions permitting him to evade responsibility. When the hammer of justice comes swinging down on his head, let no one pity him.
All this I say as preamble to the following:
- If any of my friends should receive communications conveying negative information about me, be advised that I am apparently the target of a dishonest smear campaign. Others who have written about the Kimberlin/Rauhauser saga report that they have experienced similar smears. Be on the alert for any such deception.
- Understanding that attacks like this may be an attempt to distract me from my regular work, I intend to continue focusing on the presidential campaign, reporting on further developments in “The Kimberlin Files” only as time permits.
- This story is not over, and no one should mistake a momentary period of quiet for the end of the story.
Finally, I had hitherto resisted the temptation to do something I’ve only ever done once before. After what happened today, I resist no longer, and invoke the dreaded War Oath of Clan Cameron:
Chlanna nan con thigibh a so’s gheibh sibh feoil!
Good luck with the translation, Neal.
- May 17: Is Democrat Operative Neal Rauhauser an ‘Associate’ of Convicted Terrorist Brett Kimberlin? (And Why It Matters)
- May 17: Convicted Terrorist Brett Kimberlin Received $70,000 From Tides Foundation, $10,000 From Streisand, $20,000 from John Kerry’s Wife
- May 18: Who Warned Us About Brett Kimberlin?
- May 19: Domestic Terrorist Now Using ‘Lawfare’? Convicted Felon Kimberlin’s 501(c)3 Raised $1.8 Million in Six Years UPDATE: ‘Convicted of Perjury’
- May 20: Deadline Loometh, and the Raven Is Croaking Brett Kimberlin’s Name
- May 20: ‘Other Computer Savvy Activists’
- May 21: Never Doubt That God Answers Prayer
- May 22: Brett Kimberlin Saga Takes a Bizarre Turn, Forcing Me to Leave Maryland
- May 23: ‘He Has No F–king Soul’
- May 24: Lying Felon Can’t Stop Lying
- May 25: KimberlinFiles.org
- May 26: Kimberlin v. Walker Hearing Scheduled: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday in Rockville, Maryland
- May 27: Brett Kimberlin’s Heiress Aunt Helping Fund His Tax-Exempt Harassment
- May 27: ERICK ERICKSON GETS SWATTED
- May 28: Somebody Tell Nina Totenberg Her Buddy Brett Kimberlin Is Making News Again
- May 29: Matthew Vadum Talks Brett Kimberlin
- May 29: REPORT: Aaron Walker Arrested After Maryland Hearing on Kimberlin Case UPDATE: Walker Now Released
- May 31: Aaron Walker Court Hearing Confirms Kimberlin-Rauhauser Collaboration
- June 1: Radicals Justify Their Evil by Invoking Their Presumed Moral Superiority
- June 2: When Neal Rauhauser Complained About ‘Menacing’ and ‘Cyberstalking’
- June 3: The Profoundly Dishonest Brett Kimberlin
- June 3: Raw Story Disavows Ties to Kimberlin
- June 3: Inside Neal Rauhauser’s Twisted Mind
- June 4: ‘A Faint Whiff of Vigilante Hysteria’: Weinergate’s Kimberlin Connection
- June 5: Ali Akbar Says, ‘World War Three’
- June 5: Fear and Loathing on Capitol Hill: The GOP Caucus Is Decadent and Depraved
- June 6: Walker Files Appeal in Kimberlin Case; Ali Akbar Says: ‘We’re Not Stopping.’
- June 6: Sen. Saxby Chambliss Requests DOJ Investigate SWATting
- June 7: CNN Gets Scooped on Its Own Story UPDATE: ACLJ Joins the Fight!
- June 8: NATIONAL DAY OF BLOGGER SILENCE UPDATE: Remember Seth Allen
- June 8: @AceOfSpadesHQ BREAKS SILENCE: #BrettKimberlin’s Escalating Threat
- June 10: Brett Kimberlin, Neal Rauhauser, and Their Transparent Empire of Lies UPDATE: ‘Anonymous’ Connection
- June 11: Florida Rep. Sandy Adams Leads 85 House Republicans in ‘SWATting’ Letter
- June 11: #BrettKimberlin Says He Was ‘SWATted’; Why Do Maryland Cops Say Otherwise?
- June 11: HUGE! Neal Rauhauser’s Vicious Lies Exposed by Yet Another Leaked E-Mail
- June 12: ‘Team Kimberlin’ Meltdown Continues
- June 13: A High Time on the Low Road: Smears Target Brett Kimberlin’s Enemies List UPDATE: SWATting Supect ID’d?
- June 13: Time to Ask: What Did Brett Kimberlin Know and When Did He Know It?
- June 14: Patterico: ‘Certain Big Media Reporters Are Scared to Write About Kimberlin’
- June 14: ‘Real Reporter’ @NYT_JenPreston vs. Blogger @Prepostericity (Seth Allen)
- June 14: Neal Rauhauser’s Online Slander Factory
- June 15: Neal Rauhauser’s Game Plan Involving Velvet Revolution and Anonymous
- June 16: Team Kimberlin’s Busted Hustle Now Beginning to Unravel Rapidly UPDATE: Perhaps Not a Coincidence
- June 17: ‘Scrubbed’ Writings Show Kimberlin Associate Neal Rauhauser’s Obsessions
- June 18: The Kimberlin Files: Ali Akbar, the Fight for Liberty and … a Disturbing Silence
- June 19: Neal Rauhauser’s Criminal Complaint Against Blogger Greg W. Howard
- June 19: Neal Rauhauser: Internet Super-Spy!
- June 20: ‘Persona Management’ for Wackjobs: Rauhauser’s Methods of Deception
- June 21: Recording: Leader of Anti-Limbaugh Effort Brags About Obama Campaign Ties
- June 21: ‘Iowa Boy,’ ‘Stranded Wind’ and the Sadistic Personality of Neal Rauhauser
- June 22: E-Mails Expose MSNBC Host’s Involvement in #StopRush Boycott
- June 22: BREAKING: Motion Filed Seeking Federal Injunction on Behalf of Blogger
- June 23: Imani Gandy, #StopRush and Neal Rauhauser: Confirmation and Credibility
- June 23: Neal Rauhauser’s Bizarre Suspicions, and Profiling the (Hypothetical) ‘UnSub’
- June 24: The Silence of Mark Singer; Also: Kimberlin v. Walker Hearing Monday
- June 25: UPDATED: Aaron Walker Granted Emergency Order in Maryland Hearing, Calls Ruling ‘Important Victory’
- June 25: Aaron Walker SWATted?
- June 26: Conspiracy Theorist ‘Qritiq’ Conspires Against Neal Rauhauser’s Targets
- June 26: #TCOT #BrettKimberlin #SWATting Important Event 9:30 p.m. ET Tonight!
- June 27: Professor Glenn ‘Exhibit E’ Reynolds
- June 27: ‘The Gaped Crusader’: Brett Kimberlin Associate Neal Rauhauser Stalked and Taunted SWATting Victim Patrick Frey
- June 29: Convicted Perjurer Brett Kimberlin Has 8:30 a.m. Hearing in Maryland Today
- June 30: UPDATE: Lying Felon Brett Kimberlin Scores a Draw in Maryland Hearing
- July 1: How Stupid I Was: 2011 Edition
- July 1: ‘I Know This All Sounds Crazy, But …’
- July 1: Ten Questions for Brandon Darby
- July 2: Neal Rauhauser’s War on Women
- July 2: A Drawer Full of Sockpuppets: Another Neal Rauhauser ‘Persona’ Exposed
- July 5: Aaron Walker (and Freedom) Win Maryland Appeal vs. Brett Kimberlin
- July 5: When ‘Jessica’ Was 10, 11, 12
- July 12: Brett Kimberlin: ‘I Want to Be Left Alone’