Posted on | June 16, 2011 | 71 Comments
It is being reported that Anthony Weiner has told Nancy Pelosi he will resign from Congress.
UPDATE: New York Times:
Representative Anthony D. Weiner has told friends that he plans to resign his seat after coming under growing pressure from his Democratic colleagues to leave the House in the wake of revelations of his lewd online exchanges with women, said a person told of Mr. Weiner’s plans.
UPDATE II: Today is the day:
NBC News confirms that Weiner called Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi and Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Chair Rep. Steve Israel last night to inform them he had decided to resign on Thursday.
UPDATE III: “The Fall of the House of Weiner,” quoth Instapundit. From start to finish — beginning with the telltale Tweet late at night on Friday, May 27 until confirmation of Weiner’s resignation — this scandal unfolded in less than 20 days.
For the first 10 days, Weiner lied, lied, lied, and the liberals who believed Weiner were wrong, wrong, wrong, while conservatives were right, right, right. In the past 10 days, since Weiner’s June 6 press conference, liberals have tried to forget that their credulity in believing Weiner’s lies, and the idiotic conspiracy theories they proffered in his defense.
A massive Memeorandum aggregation, including a report from CNN’s Dana Bash, whose questions at an impromptu May 31 press conference with Weiner — Worst Press Conference Evah! — provided key momentum for the scandal narrative.
Nancy Pelosi is about to have a press conference in D.C.
UPDATE V: All Pelosi had to say at the press conference was that she was not going to comment on Weiner. And then . . . let’s talk about the real issues! Blah, blah, blah.
Nice job reinforcing Andrew’s reputation among the media as being somebody that the media has to take seriously, by the way.
Weiner will hold at 2 p.m. ET press conference today, but I’ll have to miss that. I’ll be on my way to the airport to catch my flight to Minneapolis to attend the Right Online conference, where I’ll be hanging out with Andrew Breitbart, Herman Cain, Michelle Malkin and many more.
You should hit the tip jar. Three weeks of Weiner? “Combat pay.”
UPDATE VI: Genette Cordova has deleted her Twitter account.
UPDATE VII: Da Tech Guy: “Do you remember when we were told this was a non-story and a Breitbart invention?”
- June 15: Weiner’s Teen Tweeter
- June 15: That’s Good to Know
- June 13: Who’s Up for Some More Weiner?
- June 12: Gennette Cordova: Still Pro-Weiner
- June 12: VIDEO: Wasserman-Schultz Discusses Weiner Scandal on ‘Meet the Press’
- June 12: Report: Weiner Sent Woman Photos of Himself Posing in Congressional Gym
- June 12: VIDEO: ‘Tipping Point’ for Weiner?
- June 11: That There’s Funny …
- June 11: VIDEO: ‘Neither Explicit Nor Indecent’ Also, How Not to Get Banned at AOSHQ
- June 11: Weiner’s Liberal Support Collapses as Three Top Dems Call for Resignation
- June 11: America’s Cultural Elite
- June 11: ‘Moral Fascists’?
- June 10: CNN’s Toobin on May 31: ‘What Andrew Breitbart Was Insinuating About [Weiner] With Young Girls Is Outrageous’
- June 10: URGENT: Police Visit Delaware Teen in Connection With Weiner Twitter Scandal
- June 10: A Special Kind of Stupid: Only ‘Culturally Backward’ People Find Weiner’s Conduct Objectionable, Chris Matthews Says
- June 10: Did Anthony Weiner Send Obscene Messages to Teenage Girls Online?
- June 10: Impossible to Parody
- June 9: When Will Weiner Quit?
- June 8: Feminism and the ‘Friendly Stranger’
- June 8: Weiner’s Secret Desire UPDATED: ‘X-Rated’ Photo Emerges; Weiner’s Wife Is Pregnant; More Democrats Now Calling for Resignation
- June 8: Wrong, Wrong, Wrong: Belated Notice of Charles Johnson’s Total Beclownment
- June 8: Joan Walsh: ‘I Look Kind of Stupid’
- June 8: Weiner’s Race-Mongering Past
- June 7: WeinerGate Götterdämmerung
- June 7: Beware of ‘Feminist’ Men
- June 7: Breitbart’s Vindication
- June 7: Yub Nub!
- June 6: Anthony Weiner Press Conference UPDATE: Admits Trying to Send DM UPDATE: Weiner Will Not Resign UPDATE: VIDEO ADDED
UPDATE: Dems Call for Ethics Probe
- June 6: #WeinerGate: It Gets WORSE UPDATE: Press Conference 4 p.m. ET UPDATE: ABC News Interviews Woman
- June 6: #WeinerGate Fallout: Democrats Criticize Weiner for Missing Israel Day Parade UPDATE: Breitbart Releases 2nd Photo
- June 6: New #WeinerGate Allegations? UPDATE: Weiner’s Photo: ‘It’s Me’
- June 4: ‘Is He the New Tiger Woods?’
- June 4: ‘You Can’t Lawyer the Media’
- June 4: ‘UR SO HOT! C MY WANG?’ (Or, #WeinerGate Explained)
- June 4: GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY!
- June 3: Because I Know What’s News
- June 3: Wow! Strange Plot Twists in #WeinerGate’s Third Act
- June 3: Brutal. Simply Brutal.
- June 2: Finally, Weiner Calls the Police!
- June 2: #WeinerGate: Who Is @PatriotUSA76? @AndrewBreitbart Wants to Know
- June 2: VIDEO: @DaTechGuyBlog Talks #Weinergate in Boston TV Interview
- June 2: Who’s Winning #WeinerGate? (Video)
- June 1: All the Weiner You Can Handle: Why MSM Can’t Ignore This Scandal Now
- June 1: Oh, My: In NBC Interview, Weiner Won’t Deny Authenticity of Lewd Photo
- June 1: #WeinerGate: Where the Story Goes Next
- June 1: Official #WeinerGate Theme Song
- May 31: #WeinerGate OMFG! @RepWeiner Gives Worst Press Conference EVAH! (Video)
- May 31: The Power of Simple Sentences
- May 31: Da Tech Guy, Da Columnist
- May 31: The AOSHQ Legal Department: Now Offering Advice to Victims of ‘Pranks’
- May 31: BREAKING: Weiner Lawyers Up! UPDATE: In CNN Interview, Weiner Dismisses Hacking as ‘Prank’
- May 30: Ace Is Suffering Weiner Overload
- May 30: The Curious Case of the Weiner-Following (And Weiner-Followed) Teenage Girl
- May 30: @JoanWalsh Blames @AndrewBreitbart and #tcot Bloggers for #WeinerGate Story
- May 29: #WeinerGate Victim Gennette Cordova Issues Statement: ‘I Cannot Answer the Questions That I Do Not Have the Answers To’; Describes Her Reaction
- May 29: MSM Starting to Cover ‘WeinerGate’
- May 28: Weiner’s Wiener? UPDATE: Who Is ‘Gennette Nicole’? UPDATE: Questions Piling Up